Thousands of small primary and secondary schools are becoming financially unviable, says the Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL). Unless new funding becomes available, schools with fewer than 600 pupils “will not be able to support their teaching infrastructure.”
In Islington, North London, a new free school specialising in film is proposed to open between two “outstanding” comprehensives. But concerns have already been raised about the “wasteful” project spending.
Welcome to the Teaching Times website. Here you will find educational articles and resources covering a wide-range of themes and the changing priorities within schools and helping teachers with information and learning.
- wigl – what is good leadership?
- wigt – what is good teaching?
- sandwell early numeracy test
- project-based learning resources
- creative teaching and learning
- school leadership and management
- every child
- professional development today
- learning spaces
- vulnerable children
- e-learning update
- leadership briefing
- manager's briefcase
- school business