The Government has a stated aim to make the UK the best place in the world for children and young people to grow up. The Children’s Plan sets out how the DCSF is going to achieve this through focusing on the needs of families, children and young people. It sets out changes that will take place over the next 10 years that will help all young people, whatever their circumstances, to get on in life by. They are:
- strengthening support for all families during the formative early years of their children’s lives.
- taking the next steps in achieving world class schools and an excellent education for every child.
- involving parents fully in their children’s learning.
- helping to make sure that young people have interesting and exciting things to do outside of school.
- and providing more places for children to play safely.
Due to the document's relevance to recently published reports, this summary revisits key actions of the Plan by chapter.
Folder: Leadership Briefings Issue 3.05 (29)