Meeting the Standards for Initial Teacher Training and Induction
After reading this book you will have
- a knowledge of some of the theories of children’s development and the impact this has on teaching and learning;
- an overview of the structure and scope of the 3-8 curriculum;
- an understanding of the many professional requirements which affect a teacher’s work;
- the ability to support this knowledge with a practical capability based on effective organisation, management and planning strategies; and
- the ability to use alternative forms and methods of assessment, and to apply this knowledge to future teaching.
The text includes numerous examples from nursery and primary classrooms as well as checklists of helpful advice.