The book contains:
- Illustrated biographies of ten influential mathematicians, plus clear explanations of their theories and ideas
- Photocopiable activities that focus on problem solving and investigation
- Differentiated activities to support/extend individual groups
- A list of key vocabulary and resources used
- Cross-curricular links, including the history of ancient civilisations, science, philosophy and astronomy
Suggestions are made at the end of each chapter about how to support lower ability children and there are also ideas about extension work for those in the higher ability range.