Is it time to rethink school leadership?
When you become a member of the School Leadership Service you will be able to get exclusive access to six articles from school leadership expert John West-Burnham.
The articles are based around West-Burnham’s latest research, examining how school leadership can be refocussed around the three Es:
Equity – it is not enough to ensure that every child goes to school, every child has the right to go to a good school and have access to the most appropriate teaching and learning.
Excellence – there has to be a commitment to ensuring that the school system operates to secure the optimum outcomes for every learner and that there is a clear understanding of the nature of excellent outcomes and strategies to ensure that all may access them.
Effectiveness – resources are managed in such a way as to maximise their impact on the achievement of equity and excellence, for example the most effective teachers work with the most vulnerable children.
Plus, coming up Focus on: Assessment
The end of levels and the requirement for all schools to come up with a new way to track and measure pupil progress is a big topic.
Read formative assessment expert, Shirley Clarke, on Assessment for Learning in a new era.
Plus, Sue Hackman, former Chief Adviser on School Standards at the DfE, introduces her brand new framework for tracking pupil progress – Climbing Frames.
The best professional practice support - for all your staff
Your membership is for a whole school licence giving all of your leadership team, governors, teachers and support staff access to:
- 6 new issues of School Leadership Today full of best practice expertise from the UK's top education experts
- 1000s of School Leadership Today best practice articles in the fully searchable Best Practice library
- 21 in-depth knowledge banks that answer today's most pressing leaqdership questions ( worth £36 each!)
- Weekly leadership briefings of the latest education research from government and NGOs
- A fully stocked Manager's Briefcase of proformas, model policies and summary documents
Infant, Middle and Primary schools
12 month access with whole site multi-user licence
£125 + VAT pa
12 months access with whole site multi-user licence
£170 + VAT pa
- wigl – what is good leadership?
- wigt – what is good teaching?
- sandwell early numeracy test
- project-based learning resources
- creative teaching and learning
- school leadership and management
- every child
- professional development today
- learning spaces
- vulnerable children
- e-learning update
- leadership briefing
- manager's briefcase
- school business