Employers sign up to embed vocational qualifications
Some of the UK’s top employers have joined a nationwide campaign to embed vocational qualifications (VQs) and learning into the future of British businesses.
Organisations including BAE Systems, Cisco, The De Vere Academy, Mitchells & Butlers, EDF Energy Whitbread, Graphite Resources and Astra Zeneca have signed a 12 month commitment to encourage and support vocational learning in the local community.
Their commitment includes:
- To provide project and/or coursework materials to local schools/colleges/training providers
- To offer work placements to 16-18 year olds
- To give employees an opportunity to talk at a local school/college/learning provider and offer mentoring, deliver a workshop or provide advice on interview techniques
- To host a breakfast meeting with local schools/colleges/learning providers and discuss working relationships and the needs of the local market
Peter Mitchell, Interim CEO of Edge, said: "Vocational qualifications have never been more important to the economy; they deliver trained, talented employees and ensure young people have the skills needed to succeed in education and work. Commitment from UK employers is vital for those studying VQs."
- wigl – what is good leadership?
- wigt – what is good teaching?
- sandwell early numeracy test
- project-based learning resources
- creative teaching and learning
- school leadership and management
- every child
- professional development today
- learning spaces
- vulnerable children
- e-learning update
- leadership briefing
- manager's briefcase
- school business