Transforming Classroom Practice Conference
A major one day conference
November 25th 2010
The Langdale Centre,
A one day exploration on how classroom teaching needs to change to make teaching and learning more creative and effective. It will explore the practical and pedagogical issues of how to promote higher levels of student engagement, encourage Learner-driven Learning and embed a thinking skills approach throughout the curriculum.Sponsored by Creative Teaching and Learning Magazine and in conjunction with North Tyneside EAZ.
Chris Watkins - of the Institute of Education; a national trainer and writer on Learner Driven Learning.
Gerry Miller Consultant to North Tyneside Education Action Zone and trainer on the thinking skills programme Intelligent Learning.
Angi Gibson Deputy Head of New York Primary School.
Tony Hurlin the internationally acclaimed writer and trainer on using images to develop children’s visual literacy and thinking skills in a visual and media dominated age.
The keynote speakers will lead practical workshops on transforming teaching and learning and will be joined by Nick Zienau, one of the top consultants working on the NCSL Fasttrack leadership programme looking at the school level management changes needed to promote greater levels of student motivation.
Delegates will leave the conference with a better understanding of:
- The practical approaches used by schools and classroom teachers to increase student motivation and instil a desire to become an independent learner.
- How to start transforming the curriculum, so that all subjects and all teachers adopt an approach and teaching style which supports inquiry and learner-driven learning.
- The organisational changes at school and classroom level needed to create a cultural change in teaching and learning.
- Some of the pedagogical and managerial obstacles in existing practice that need to be overcome.
FOUR EASY WAYS TO REGISTER:
Post: Transforming classroom practice Conference, Imaginative Minds, 215 The Greenhouse, Gibb Street, Birmingham B9 4AA
Fax: 0121 224 7598 (UK) +44 (0)121 224 7598 (Outside UK)
Web: Download further information and the registration form online at
- wigl – what is good leadership?
- wigt – what is good teaching?
- sandwell early numeracy test
- project-based learning resources
- creative teaching and learning
- school leadership and management
- every child
- professional development today
- learning spaces
- vulnerable children
- e-learning update
- leadership briefing
- manager's briefcase
- school business