Teaching Skills Summer School
Ideal for parents who are home educators
This summer, discover new and creative ways to teach your children with the Teaching Skills Summer School - a lively schedule of webinars to be broadcast over the holidays.
Simply download the programme and decide which webinar(s) you'd like to attend. There are a wide range to choose from - from teaching your kids to code, to asking questions that stimulate deep thinking, to capturing children's curiosity and creativity from an early age.
Each webinar cost just £20 (plus vat), which includes unlimited access to the webinar and accompanying resources, even after the session is over. You can watch the webinars at home or abroad, on the beach or even in the bath!
Plus, we will be linking each webinar to selected articles from our online library and beyond, which will help you take your learning even further.
What's on offer
We have some great educators making presentations for us this summer. Highlights include:
- The art of being a brilliant teacher by Gary Toward and Chris Henley - How to deliver learning experiences that will engage your kids from start to finish
- Coding can be fun! by Chris Thomas - How to teach your children to code in a creative and engaging way
- Ways of seeing and thinking by Tony Hurlin - Using great works of art to inspire deep thinking and discussion
- The sonic classroom: Using sound to motivate, engage and inspire creative writing by Philip Davis - Fresh and creative ideas for using sound in learning
- The new Modern Foreign Language GCSE by Bethan McHugh and Chris Whittaker - How the secondary languages curriculum has changed, plus strategies for teaching it
- App Smashing with iPads by Chris Thomas - An interactive workshop demonstrating the creative and collaborative power of the iPad
- The joy of not knowing: Developing a love of learning in the primary classroom by Marcelo Staricoff - Strategies and ideas for capturing young children's creativity and curiosity.
- wigl – what is good leadership?
- wigt – what is good teaching?
- sandwell early numeracy test
- project-based learning resources
- creative teaching and learning
- school leadership and management
- every child
- professional development today
- learning spaces
- vulnerable children
- e-learning update
- leadership briefing
- manager's briefcase
- school business