Extending Horizons Conference
in association with NUT CPDFriday 6 November 2009, 10am to 4pm
Extending Horizons – Using creativity
and critical thinking to enrich teaching
For all teachers and school leaders interested in developing a creative primary and secondary curriculum.
Major Conference with
Professor Robin Alexander
A New Approach To The Primary Curriculum
Robin Alexander will be addressing some of the key issues to emerge from the long-awaited final report of the Cambridge Primary Review.
Professor Kieran Egan
Putting Imagination Back into Classrooms
Kieran Egan specialises in curriculum theory and which address linking child development to a more imaginative approach to curriculum design.
Chris Watkins of the Institute of Education
Letting go of the reins: a new paradigm for teaching
A leading UK education theorist and teacher-trainer on Cooperative and Learner-Driven Learning.
Date: Friday 6 November 2009, 10am to 4pm
Venue: Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD
(10 minutes walk from Euston, Kings Cross & St. Pancras stations)
These will look in depth on how key aspects of the curriculum can be reshaped with independent learning skills, creativity and critical thinking at their centre.
- Plus Tony Hurlin: Intelligent Learning: using art and images to develop higher order thinking skills
- Sue Lyle: How stories and narrative can be used to support Philosophy for Children and Mantle of The Expert techniques in the classroom
- Nina Jackson: Teaching to promote creativity
- Mike Lake: How poor readers can be helped by Reading With Imagination.
- Matthew Milburn: Transforming a secondary school curriculum through drama.
Kieran Egan Workshop
Professor Kieran Egan and colleagues will be holding a full day workshop working on Imaginative Education and curriculum re-design.
Extending Horizons Conference for £165.00 pe delegate
If you are a subscriber to Teaching Thinking & Creativity or School Leadership Today price at £100.00 per delegate
If you are a NUT member price at £100.00 per delegate
(If NUT member you can sign up www.teachers.org.uk/cpdapplication conference code OD/58 or you can fill out the downloadable form above and send it to the address below)
To subscribe to Teaching Thinking & Creativity @ £48.00
To subscribe to School Leadership Today @ £60.00
Fax: Send your booking to 0121 224 7598 or
Post to: Imaginative Minds Ltd. 215-219 The Green House, Gibb Street, Birmingham B9 4AA
- wigl – what is good leadership?
- wigt – what is good teaching?
- sandwell early numeracy test
- project-based learning resources
- creative teaching and learning
- school leadership and management
- every child
- professional development today
- learning spaces
- vulnerable children
- e-learning update
- leadership briefing
- manager's briefcase
- school business