Creative & Critical Thinking Through Visual Images One Day Course
Creative & Critical Thinking Through
Visual Images One Day Course
How to get children talking and thinking together about paintings, prints, photographs and other visual images.
One day course Wednesday 9th March 2011
led by Tony Hurlin.
This highly acclaimed course shows teachers practical ways to engage children of all abilities in critical and creative thinking through looking at examples of important art.
All delegates will receive a copy of 'Learning Without Limits' - a package of materials that includes a teachers' manual that explains the basic skills and techniques involved in critical and creative thinking, a CD with seven images as examples and a set of laminated cards for classroom use, worth £65.
The course is up-to-date and forward looking but based on real skills and techniques in the classroom
This practical one-day workshop offers teachers the chance to:
- understand and apply the skills of critical and creative thinking in lessons they have already planned
- build a repertoire of techniques drawn from the lessons of leading teachers
- explore the teaching and learning in six exemplary lessons in detail and learn from the expertise of leading teachers in the field
- develop the confidence to talk and think with children at deeper and more complex levels
- consider social, moral and spiritual issues that underpin important works of art
- extend and enrich their teaching of the skills of critical and creative thinking as an evolving developmental process
What previous delegates have said about this course
“Absolutely great day! We’ve worked hard – definitely value for money.
I can honestly say:
One of the best courses I’ve attended.”
Karen Russell - Front Lawn Junior
Course code: GT32
Wednesday 9th March 2011
Holiday Inn Southampton, Eastleigh
off Junc 11 M3
- wigl – what is good leadership?
- wigt – what is good teaching?
- sandwell early numeracy test
- project-based learning resources
- creative teaching and learning
- school leadership and management
- every child
- professional development today
- learning spaces
- vulnerable children
- e-learning update
- leadership briefing
- manager's briefcase
- school business