Climbing Frames assessment tool
6 ways Climbing Frames helps you track pupil progress
1) It is the only system that has pre-levels for children that will fall behind the starting point of the new National Curriculum levels
It is also the only system that tracks cognitive development, through its Thinking and Learning Climbing Frame.
2) It allows you to track pupils who are slipping behind or racing ahead of their cohort year
One of the strengths of the system is that it can easily indicate children moving ahead or behind their cohort year. This will support differentiated teaching and learning for the more, and less, able.
3) It's manageable because it tracks progress against key objectives
Objectives have been selected because they are markers of significant progress.
They have been arranged and sub-divided into year-by-year steps to assist fine judgements.
4) It makes room for the teacher's professional judgement
Children do not always learn in a linear way, and mastery is not always instant. This scheme allows teaches to flex judgements to reflect how far children have secured their objectives e.g. whether they have made clear early progress, substantial progress or whether they have mastered them.
Schools can opt to use a special utility for counting up individual objectives achieved, generating summaries that give managers a fine-grained view of strengths and weaknesses in learning.
5) It’s big on data
As well as tracking progress for each pupil, you will be able to get class, cohort and whole school reports, filtered for gender, ethnicity, special needs, pupil premium and free school meals.
6) But small on cost
We wanted to make sure that it is affordable for all schools, and to create a community of users with common assessment practices and standards.
That's why the a year's access to the app is only £2.00 + VAT per child, with a minimum cost of £250 + VAT.
Praise for Climbing Frames
If, for some reason, you feel that the product is not suitable, simply post it back to us (it will cost about £3 P&P). On receipt of the returned pack we will cancel the invoice.
Order today and discover how Climbing Frames will help your school:
- wigl – what is good leadership?
- wigt – what is good teaching?
- sandwell early numeracy test
- project-based learning resources
- creative teaching and learning
- school leadership and management
- every child
- professional development today
- learning spaces
- vulnerable children
- e-learning update
- leadership briefing
- manager's briefcase
- school business